Senior Tax Accountant (Flexible F/T)
We have a growing tax and outsourced client accounting practice and are looking for a professional to grow with us. Our office is located in downtown Oakland – 4 blocks from the 19th Street BART Station. Most of our clients are in the greater Bay Area from Novato to San Jose.
This position is ideal for the professional looking for balance in their life and the ability to directly influence the direction of their career. We encourage participation in our professional associations and communities and provide the flexibility to do so. Our collaborative corporate culture is one that listens to all team members and implements their suggestions to improve productivity and the value we deliver to our clients. You will also have the ability to set your own schedule including telecommuting.
In this position you will have the opportunity to…
- Be a true, trusted advisor by providing added value to the client relationship
- Work with medium sized closely held businesses and have the opportunity to participate in all phases of their business from projections, budgeting, tax planning, compensation consulting, profitability analysis, and succession planning
- Work with individual clients in transaction decision making, family wealth planning and estate planning.
- Prepare all types of tax returns including individual, business, fiduciary, sales tax, payroll and local tax filings
- Prepare compiled and reviewed financial statements
- Work with sophisticated high wealth individuals
- Enjoy a high degree of direct client contact
- Participate in our continual learning culture.
- CPA Certification (or CPA candidate)
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in business preferably with a concentration in Accounting
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and time
- Strong interpersonal skills with team-oriented work ethic
- Must have problem solving ability and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, detail oriented
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in public accounting
- A passion for learning
For a smaller firm, we are able to offer competitive salary packages, large firm benefits, and a flexible environment.
Please submit your resume by email to email@example.com with (1) cover letter, (2) salary requirement, and (3) three words that best describe you.